Novice goddess, Ristarte has been assigned to save to the world of Gaelbarde from a demon lord. As an S-Class world, Gaelbarde is as dangerous as it comes, so she’s going to need to summon an incredible hero.
Ristarte went over the files of available heroes determined not to screw this one up. Finally, she settled on a hero whose stats were unusually high. He was the one. Ristarte summoned Seiya to the Divine Realm to explain the situation. However, rather than head straight to Gaelbarde, Seiya reveals that he needs to be perfectly prepared He’s also distrusting of Ristarte and prefers to train alone. Finally, they head down to Gaelbarde and visit a town. They meet a girl called Nina who gives Seiya a charm to ward off evil, but when they go outside the town. Seiya comes face to face with a slime… who he annihilates, but that attracts the attention of Chaos Machina, one of the Four Heavenly Kings!
What was your favourite element?
I love Seiya’s dry attitude as it appeals to my sense of humour perfectly. He is openly cautious and suspicious of everything, even the goddess that summoned him. It was hilarious that his level of caution seemed to pay off as they bumped into Chaos Machina on their first trip to Gaelbarde. It just goes to show that the demon lord taking over the world is just as cautious, planning on taking out the hero before he has a chance to establish himself. I think the dynamic between Ristarte and Seiya is excellent and I love how she is struggling to cope with his attitude.
What have you learnt?
One of the things that really caught my attention was how unlikable Seiya is. It’s an interesting beginning to have the hero basically rubbing everyone the wrong way. I’m sure it won’t stay that way for long, but it is a brave thing to do. There will be people that will instantly give this a pass, after all, who wants to spend their time with someone annoying. That said, I’m sure there will be others like me that find it hilarious and in the end, we’re going to be the target audience. It’s clever that it has been able to clearly define itself so early in the series.
Other reviews in the series
- Season One
- Episode 1 – This Hero is Too Cautious
- Episode 2 – Too Much For a Novice Goddess to Bear
- Episode 3 – This Hero is Too Self-Serving
- Episode 4 – I So Don’t Need Any Allies
- Episode 5 – This Goddess is Too Spooky
- Episode 6 – The Great Dragon Mother is Too Sneaky
- Episode 7 – This Lady Knight Is Too Doglike
- Episode 8 – Neat and Tidy but Overly Nymphomaniacal
- Episode 9 – This Reaper is Just Too Invincible
- Episode 10 – This Man Is Too Strong for Being So Old
- Episode 11 – The Truth Is Too Much to Bear
- Episode 12 – The Hero Is Overpowered But Overly Cautious