Just the other day I was thinking that there haven’t been many tag posts lately. Luckily, it would appear that Ty-chama at Watashi Wa Bucho!! can read minds and has solved this minor crisis.
So, a thousand thank yous Ty-chama for the nomination and the questions that I will get to shortly. If you’re not following Ty-chama then now is the time to remedy that. Ty-chama is also reviewing Fruits Basket, so if you’ve enjoyed my reviews then why not go and read some more. You know you want to!
There are always rules and they shall be followed!
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog so that other people can visit them
- Answer the 11 questions put to you by the nominator
- Nominate 11 bloggers of your choosing and provide them with a new set of 11 questions to answer
- Notify the nominees by commenting on one of their blog posts
- List the rules and display The Sunshine Blogger Award logo within your post or on your blog site
And now for the fun part…
Who’s your embarrassing anime crush?
Wow! Straight in with the risky question. This feels like a trap, but what the hell, let’s dive headfirst into this one. So, this kind of sprung up out of the blue. If you’ve been watching Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba you should be familiar with the demons in the show, well, there’s been one demon that caught my eye. You’re probably thinking that it’s all right, everyone likes Nezuko… This is, of course, true, however, I am talking about Susamaru! I wasn’t even fazed when she suddenly grew four extra arms. I’m not sure what’s wrong with me…
What anime are you embarrassed to admit to liking?
I don’t think I am embarrassed to admit to liking any anime. There are some that others may think it’s odd, but, whatever, I don’t care. I’ll just drop a few here and let you decide whether I should be embarrassed to like them or not. In no particular order; Hundred, Cat Planet Cuties, Sword Art Online, Harukana Receive, Maken-ki…
What anime are you enjoying the most right now?
Right now, I am really enjoying Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, even though they killed poor Susamaru off in a spectacularly brutal fashion. I love the art style of the series and am having a lot of fun with the mix of dark graphic horror and comedy. I’m going to drop another in here that seems to be getting very little praise and that’s YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bounds of this World. This series is great. It has a stunning story full of mystery and tragedy.
What, if anything, are you looking forward to right now?
I think the series I am most looking forward to right now is the second season of Is It Wrong to Try to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon? I absolutely loved the first season and have read the first nine volumes of the manga. It makes me want to write an epic fantasy dungeon story of my own. Such a wonderful world and premise, I really can’t get enough of it
Which anime character do you see yourself the most in?
I’d like to think it’s Zoro from One Piece although it’s probably a little closer to Issei Hyoudou from High School DxD. Both have similar qualities such as loyalty, commitment, and hard work. Zoro sleeps too much to be me… so, it’s probably Issei!
What is your favourite Pokemon? Don’t tell me that you dorks don’t like Pokemon!
I’m from a time before Pokemon and was already too cool for school by the time it arrived. That said I did play Pokemon Yellow on the Gameboy. I think my favourite Pokemon is Psyduck because I think it’s completely bonkers.
Do you have a favourite manga? If so, what is it? I’m looking for a new series to read!
I try to read a lot of manga. Last year I got through more than one hundred volumes. Some of my favourites were Akame ga Kill, although I actually preferred the ending in the anime, Seraph of the End, Is It Wrong to Try to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon, and Magical Girls Apocalypse (although I started that one this year). My absolute favourite manga books, however, are my two full-colour hardback editions of Highschool of the Dead. They are just beautiful!
What do you do to overcome writer’s block? Ignore this question if you’re lucky enough to never get it!
When I started writing, I would stare at a blank screen for ages before even getting going. I decided to track my word count on a daily basis to see if I could make myself more productive. For the first week, I was doing maybe three-hundred words a day. After six months of this, I was getting three-thousand words a day. I like to think that routine and my competitiveness helped me to overcome writer’s block, to the point that I don’t get it anymore.
What is your favourite, inspirational anime quote? I was sort of asked this myself, but I’d love to hear yours!
In Fate/Zero, the servant form of Alexander the Great said “Whatever you do, enjoy it to the fullest. That is the secret of life.” and he’s absolutely right. Take pride in what you do, but also strive to do things that you enjoy. We only have one life, we might as well enjoy ourselves.
What is your favourite blog post (or the one that you’re most proud of)? I’d love to check it out!
I was amazed at how far the tag post – My Pirate Crew spread, so I should probably say that one, but the one I enjoyed writing the most was my post – In Defence of Isabella – The Promised Neverland. I absolutely loved that series and one of the main reasons was Isabella. She was a fascinating character. So much so, that I tried to justify her decisions in this post. I wrote it before episode 11 aired and got pretty much her history spot on. My predictions for her future may have been a little off, but they could still happen.
If you were to ever write about something different (something other than what you usually write about), what would it be?
I had an idea many years ago about a fictional blog. Basically, the entire blog would be someone documenting the zombie apocalypse in a parallel world, exactly the same as ours but with zombies. I thought it would be fun to try to write the whole thing in character. Maybe someday I’ll revisit this idea. It could be a lot of fun.
And now for the nominations!
- 7mononoke at Anime Rants
- Matija at TFWAnime
- Dark Red Rose at Otaku and Shit
- LitaKino at LitaKinoAnimeCorner
- Jusuchin (Military Otaku) at A Journey Through Life
- sirmeliodas at Anime Articles
And your questions are…
- What made you want to start a blog?
- Is there a story behind the name of your blog?
- Do you think you’ll still be blogging in five years?
- Is there any other medium you’d like to try?
- What anime would best describe you?
- What was the last anime you dropped?
- What anime surprised you, for whatever reason?
- What is your second favourite anime?
- Do you listen to anime music outside of watching anime? If so, what’s your favourite song?
- Have ever admitted to liking anime and got a funny response?
- Which would be worse, zombie apocalypse or vampire apocalypse?
Thanks for reading.
Other Tag Posts
- The Story of how I became a Really Neat Blogger!!!
- Tanka Anime Poetry (The T.A.P. Tag!)
- Doubly Lovely: One Lovely Blog Award
- Make it Anime!
- My Pirate Crew Blog Tag
- The Real Neat Blog Award (Goblin Edition)
- A Real Neat Threepeat!
- 3 Days 3 Quotes Tag (Day 1)
- 3 Days 3 Quotes Tag (Day 2)
- 3 Days 3 Quotes Tag (Day 3)
- My Adventurer Party
- Make it Harem Anime!!!!
- Achievement Unlocked Award
- Try not to stare… it’s the Sunshine Blogger Award 2019!
- Twice as Bright as the Sun… it’s the Return of the Sunshine Blogger Award 2019!
- Grab your shades… it’s time for even more of the Sunshine Blogger Award 2019!
- Would you believe it? Another Sunshine Blogger Award 2019!
- A Real Neat Blogging Return!