This may seem like great timing since I’ve just finished watching Goblin Slayer!, however, I actually received this nomination back at the end of November… I know, I should have got to it sooner, but you know how it is. Anyhow, I’d like to apologize to Lina for taking so long to complete this one and say a massive thanks for the nomination.
Rules, there will always be rules. Thus, here they come:
- Display the award logo.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and post a link to their blog.
- Answer the questions of the one who nominated you.
- Nominate 7-10 bloggers
- Ask them seven questions
I just need to get into the right frame of mind. All right! Now, let’s get on with the questions.
1. What’s your stance on killing goblins?
If only there was an easy answer to this. I guess for the most part it depends on the goblin. Recently, I’ve seen several series with goblins in and each has a slightly different take on them.
In Overlord the goblins are the protectors of Carne Village. They don’t appear to be evil as they answer to Enri, but maybe that’s just because of who she is. They certainly don’t have any qualms taking care of the invaders. I feel like I’d need to keep one eye on these goblins.
In That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime the goblins are kind and gentle. They seem to be focused on surviving and maintaining a quiet and peaceful life. Again, maybe that’s
In Goblin Slayer! things are very different. These goblins are dirty, disgusting, and dangerous. Often seen as a subclass of monster, they more than make up for it with their wicked ways. Nothing is off the table when these little bastards are fighting. Everyone got upset about the first episode, but what about using people as bait to draw in other adventurers or even the meat shields. With these goblins, I’d quite happily kill every last one of them.
2. What would be the best way to kill an evil goblin? (is there even good goblins?)
There may be good goblins as I said in question one, but let’s focus on the evil goblins as they’re the ones I’d be killing. Goblins might not be individually strong or smart, but they are cunning and with enough numbers can cause a real problem. It’s not enough to charge in expecting to win, you have to be prepared for them to try to trick you.
I think it’s best to fight fire with fire. A series of elaborate goblin traps, like a more sinister version of Home Alone, would be my tactic. That would obviously work best if they were attacking you, however, if they decided to stay in their cave then you’ll have to adjust your plan, setting traps around the entrances and trying to flush them out. I’m quite patient.
3. What would happen in a world where the goblins would be allowed to roam free?
I’m led to believe that they reproduce at an alarming rate, so left unchecked and with very few natural predators they would become a real nuisance. I have a hard time keeping the squirrels and raccoons out of my garbage as it is, last thing I want is the overblown goblin population fighting over the scraps too.
4. Would you like to live in a world where goblins ruled?
Well, that escalated quickly. Only a few weeks back they were knocking over my bins and running off with scraps. Now, they’re ruling the world. I guess the real question here is whether they’ve set up some sort of goblin governing body or whether this is more like a zombie apocalypse but with goblins. If it’s the second version, sign me up. I’d take a goblin apocalypse as a back up for sure.
5. Who is your favourite goblin/-slayer? (yes, you can choose; be it the favourite goblin or the slayer that kills the goblin. And I am not necessarily talking about anime mind you.)
Epic fantasy is one of my favourite genres in any medium, so it’s been a real treat to see so much of it in anime lately. He’s pretty new to the scene but I am really enjoying the Goblin Slayer. I love how stoic and silent he is. His actions remind me of D, one of my favourite vampire slayers.
6. What is your favourite anime/movie/tv-series with goblins in it?
I tend to change or add to my favourites all the time, but it’s only really recently that goblins have registered on my radar. Like most, I’ve dismissed them as nothing more than pests. One of the things I’ve really enjoyed about Goblin Slayer is how realistic it feels. Nothing has been glorified, it’s a dark and dirty world where bad stuff happens. So, currently, I’m saying Goblin Slayer, especially as I’m keen to read the manga now too.
7. This was plenty of goblins I’d say; who’s your best boy/girl of all the best boys/girls in all genres. Please elaborate and show me pictures. We need pictures,
after all, them nasty goblins.
You’re right, that was a lot of goblins. So, this may not come as much of a shock to anyone that’s been reading my posts for a while, but my number one best girl in all and any genre is Saeko Busujima from Highschool of the Dead (also my favourite anime series). So, here are a bunch of pictures celebrating Saeko!
So, that was a lot of fun. Thanks, Lina for the awesome questions. Now, I suppose I had better nominate some other bloggers and give them some questions.
- Merlin at Merlin’s Musings
- Emikothewriter at Ramblings
- Scott at Mechanical Anime Reviews
- Chizurue at Of Midnight Ravings
- Shady B at Anime Talks With Shady B
- Jenn at Welcome to Hell Zone!
melinanimelandat Mel in Anime Land
I don’t mind if you don’t want to complete the tag or want to take several months to do it… it happens… but I just want to say thanks for the support and entertaining posts. Cheers
I guess you’ll be needing some questions now. I’ll try to keep this interesting.
You wake up one morning and open your eyes to discover that you are now in an anime. It’s still your room but in the style of your favourite series.
Suddenly the door bursts open and someone runs in yelling about a problem. It seems pretty serious, so you decide you’ll need some help them to solve this problem. You call another anime character for help, but they can’t help right now, so they’re sending someone else in their place.
- Who is the anime character that just burst into your room?
- What is the problem?
- How will you deal with it?
- Who or what caused the problem?
- Who did you call for help?
- Who did they send in their place?
- What happened?
Feel free to be as creative as you like or not? Hopefully, it’s vague enough that you can answer them in any number of ways.
Thanks for reading.
Other Tag Posts
- The Story of how I became a Really Neat Blogger!!!
- Tanka Anime Poetry (The T.A.P. Tag!)
- Doubly Lovely: One Lovely Blog Award
- Make it Anime!
- My Pirate Crew Blog Tag
- The Real Neat Blog Award (Goblin Edition)
- A Real Neat Threepeat!
- 3 Days 3 Quotes Tag (Day 1)
- 3 Days 3 Quotes Tag (Day 2)
- 3 Days 3 Quotes Tag (Day 3)
- My Adventurer Party
- Make it Harem Anime!!!!
- Achievement Unlocked Award
- Try not to stare… it’s the Sunshine Blogger Award 2019!
- Twice as Bright as the Sun… it’s the Return of the Sunshine Blogger Award 2019!
- Grab your shades… it’s time for even more of the Sunshine Blogger Award 2019!
- Would you believe it? Another Sunshine Blogger Award 2019!
- A Real Neat Blogging Return!