A little while back I was tagged in a Make it Anime Tag post. You can see my original responses here – Make it Anime! It was a lot of fun trying to come up with a book, movie, and TV series that could be converted to an anime. I liked all of my picks, however, the most fun idea was the gender-flipped version of Predator, which I am now giving the working title of Magical Girls versus Predator.
So, why are we here
As before, here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and
linkback to their blog post.
- Choose 1 Book, Movie and TV show of your choice that you think could work as an anime. (A series of books or movies is allowed e.g. Lord of the Rings, Hunger Games)
- If you want to pick more than 1 from each section that’s fine. Or if you can’t think of one for a specific category that’s fine also.
- Explain why you think your choices could work as an anime. Maybe the advent of animation would enhance it, maybe the different anime genres could help expand and improve the story. Just go crazy with it.
- Link back to the original post (this post) so I can read people’s suggestions, I’d love to read everyone’s ideas.
- Include Make it Anime in your tags so everyone including myself can find them all easily.
- Nominate around 5-10 bloggers.
I hope you’re ready for this!
Book: The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
All right, so this might seem a little crazy, but hear me out. So, we have Bilbo sitting at home minding his own business and then there’s a knock at the door. Perturbed at who could possibly be there, he puts down his book and makes his way to the door. It must be a prank by the young hobbits. But no!
Bilbo opens the door to find a couple of Amazonian warriors standing there. They look at him and shrug, before walking inside leaving him standing there with his jaw hanging open. They instantly make themselves at home, boiling some hot water for a bath.
Before Bilbo can object, there’s another knock at the door and another couple of Amazonian warriors come inside. The smell of lavender reaches the doorway. They glance at each other and then drop their cloaks onto Bilbo and make their way to the bathroom, steam drifting through the hobbit hole.
Within a matter of minutes, Bilbo finds himself with thirteen Amazonian warriors taking a bath and scrubbing each other’s backs in his little hobbit hole. Once all the bathing is taken care of, a sorceress arrives and they all go on an adventure to recapture the Amazonian’s home from a fire breathing dragon.
Seriously, I’d watch that! Hell, I might even write that one.
Movie: The 13th Warrior
In this movie, Antonio Banderas plays an Arabian poet who joins twelve Vikings on a quest to save their homeland from a mysterious scourge. Hmm! I’m not going to lie, when I say it like that, this sounds an awful lot like the Hobbit. Anyhow… back to my new description.
Instead of an Arabian Poet, let’s make it some random high school boy who gets sucked into another world. Hello, Isekai. There this nerdy loser is saved by a band of Viking warriors, all women. While enjoying their hospitality, a messenger from their homelands arrives and warns of mysterious goings-on back home. A priestess consults the bones and informs them that a group of thirteen must set off and defeat these monsters that eat the dead.
One by one, the warriors step forwards, but wait, the thirteenth warrior cannot be a Viking woman, it must be someone from a far-away land. All eyes turn to the out of place high school nerd. With no way to object, he soon finds himself on a path that will put him face to face with a zombie outbreak (zombies, why the hell not?)
Damnit, this also sounds awesome. Clearly, this is how I am going to get all of my ideas for stories from now on.
TV Series: Red Dwarf
Red Dwarf is a British science-fiction comedy series that I watched religiously when I was younger. If you haven’t seen it, you really should. Anyhow, let me tell you how this one will work.
Originally, Dave Lister is a
The ship’s computer keeps Dave in suspended animation until the radiation levels have returned to normal – three million years later. To keep Dave company, the computer creates a hologram of his old bunkmate who doesn’t like Dave very much. Then they discover the distant descendant of Dave’s cat that has evolved into a fashionable humanoid form. Eventually, they find a robot maid that also joins them.
Needless to say, if everyone other than Dave is flipped to the opposite gender then we have the makings of a crazy harem anime set in space with endless possibilities, including cat-girls and sexy robot maids.
This one practically writes itself. That doesn’t mean, I’m not adding it to the list of ideas to work on. This could be hilarious.
So, who are you going to nominate?
As always, there is no pressure to complete this tag if I nominate you, similarly if you really want to complete it and I haven’t nominated you, let me know and I’ll add you retrospectively. Also, feel free to do the original Make it Anime version or my Make it Harem Anime version.
- Cactus Matt at Anime QandA
Yomuat Umai YomuAnime Blog
- Terrence Crow at www.crowsworldofanime.com
- Karandi at 100 Word Anime
- AwesomeAlmost at Blogging Almost
I hope you’ve enjoyed my brief moment of insanity and hopefully had a good laugh at the same time. All that said, I think all three have a lot of
Other Tag Posts
- The Story of how I became a Really Neat Blogger!!!
- Tanka Anime Poetry (The T.A.P. Tag!)
- Doubly Lovely: One Lovely Blog Award
- Make it Anime!
- My Pirate Crew Blog Tag
- The Real Neat Blog Award (Goblin Edition)
- A Real Neat Threepeat!
- 3 Days 3 Quotes Tag (Day 1)
- 3 Days 3 Quotes Tag (Day 2)
- 3 Days 3 Quotes Tag (Day 3)
- My Adventurer Party
- Make it Harem Anime!!!!
- Achievement Unlocked Award
- Try not to stare… it’s the Sunshine Blogger Award 2019!
- Twice as Bright as the Sun… it’s the Return of the Sunshine Blogger Award 2019!
- Grab your shades… it’s time for even more of the Sunshine Blogger Award 2019!
- Would you believe it? Another Sunshine Blogger Award 2019!