It’s a festival episode. Should be lots of Yukatas, games, and fancy food. Well, not it Mikako has anything to do with it. Could this be Tomoki’s last stand?
What did you watch?
I’ve been looking forward to this one as it’s one that stuck in my mind after my first viewing, three years ago. That’s got to be a good sign, right? Anyhow, I mentioned in the last episode that this one was a festival episode. It’s like a beach episode except everyone is wearing Yukata which are almost as good as bikinis… Shall we get on with the review now?
It’s Ikaros and Nymph’s first festival and they have instantly fallen in love with the food stalls and games. Ikaros has her eye on a load of chicks much to Tomoki’s dismay. Then they come across a stall with a grizzly looking guy and several racks full of guns. Mikako appears at the steps of the shrine and informs the town that she has arranged a survival game to bring them all together and the winner gets ten million yen!
Naturally, everyone in town wants to take part, well, except Nymph who can’t be bothered. The townsfolk gather in front of the shrine armed with cork guns. Mikako gives one last speech and then declines the game official begun. Everyone races for cover, leaving Tomoki to dodge a barrage of bullets. What started out as a fun idea quickly descends into all-out war!
What did you think?
I loved this episode. It’s completely bonkers and one of the reasons that I loved Mikako. Her festival games are several of the highlights in the series, taking us away from the slightly more serious main story arc and allowing the characters to really cut loose. Tomoki begins the game being chased by the old lady from the community centre, the fish market guy, and the woman from the grocery store.
What was your favourite moment?
Sugata started picking off the townsfolk with a sniper rifle only for one of his targets to get sniped before he had the chance to pull the trigger. It was Mikako. Suddenly, they both leapt from their hiding places and charged towards each other, firing handguns off a close-range like a scene out of the matrix. It was awesome. But then, Ikaros flew in with a Gatling gun and wiped out everyone in a brutal massacre. Even better, Tomoki then shot her and told her she was going too far!
What was your least favourite moment?
Again this was one of those episodes where everything was just too good. Even once Ikaros had been eliminated she went off to find Nymph. She found her away from the town. Nymph unlocked her memories and demanded that she comes back to the synapse, revealing all of the things she had done, including the destruction of the Tower of Babel. But something went wrong and Ikaros unlocked all of her strength and sent Nymph packing. This, of course, was a great part of the story, but was it as good as an entire town trying to shoot Tomoki with cork guns? No. No, it wasn’t.
Who was your favourite character?
Again, it was such a good episode and largely because all of the main characters got to play such fun roles. I’m going to give this episode to Ikaros because I think she’d kill me if I didn’t. There was the Gatling gun and then the unlocking of her weaponry and powers which were incredible.
Who was your least favourite character?
That’s got to be Nymph, waltzing in here and trying to take Ikaros away. How dare she? She’s always been a bit standoffish so this comes as no surprise.
Would you like some more?
Definitely. There are several more festival episodes and more episodes full of absurd comedy to look forward to. Plus in the next episode, we get to see Tomoki really unleash his inner pervert. It’s going to be a blast. I can’t wait.
Other reviews in the series
- Episode 1 – A Full-frontal Hero Arises in the World!
- Episode 2 – An Airbourne Prismatic Panty Adventure
- Episode 3 – Angeloid Directive Zero
- Episode 4 – Love and Triangles, Revisited
- Episode 5 – Hot Night With the Big Fish
- Episode 6 – Swimsuit Surf Brigade, Go! Go! Go!
- Episode 7 – The Brainy, Heart-pounding Transfer Students
- Episode 8 – For Whom the Shooting Festival is Held
- Episode 9 – The Delusional Story That Began With a Lie
- Episode 10 – Where the Melodious Words Of an Angel Go
- Episode 11 – Off We Go To My Bathhouse Paradise
- Episode 12 – Chains of No Escape
- Episode 13 – Queen of the Sky
- Episode 14 – Project Pink
- Season One
- Episode 15 – Forte: You Strip, Too! The Return of the Full-frontal Hero
- Episode 16 – Forte: Bombshell! The Angel is a Big Boob
- Episode 17 – Forte: A Proud-fought Battle
- Episode 18 – Forte: Mortal Combat! Hot Spring Snowball Fight at 1.4° Below
- Episode 19 – Forte: The Brother Who Came From Heaven
- Episode 20– Forte: Reach a Decision! The Up and Down of Heaven and Hell
- Episode 21 – Forte: Eating Watermelon Tomoki
- Episode 22 – Forte: The Song of the Angels Echoes in the Sky
- Episode 23 – Forte: Shoot-out! Fishing At the Jumbo Carnival of Dreams
- Episode 24 – Forte: Peek Into the Fantasy Field
- Episode 25 – Forte: The Edge of an Indiscriminate Requiem
- Episode 26 – Forte: Forte Wings Soaring for Tomorrow
- Season Two
- Movie – Angeloid of Clockwork