With his house rebuilt, Tomoki can get back to his quiet and peaceful life… yeah, right! The arrival of a second Angeloid will see that his dream is well and truly quashed.
What did you watch?
Everyone loves a beach episode and for Heaven’s Lost Property to go five episodes without one is scandalous. Well, we did have a deserted island in the last episode with make shift bathing suits and outrageous tan-lines, but that just doesn’t count. So, sit back and prepare for a real beach episode…
Tomoki woke up to find a second Angeloid sitting in his lounge eating his food. Although she looks kind of like Ikaros, Nymph is very different. For one she can’t stand Tomoki and takes every chance she gets to belittle him. Luckily for Tomoki, he has a day at the beach with Sohara planned for today. Unfortunately, Sugata and Mikako have the same plans, so they decide to invite Ikaros and Nymph too.
Sohara, struggling to hide her true feelings for Tomoki, or at least struggling to freely admit to them, gets jealous of the attention Ikaros is getting so she goes out on a boat by herself. Before long, she finds herself remembering the time Tomoki tried to teach her to swim, which was just long enough for her to drift out to sea and lose her oars.
What did you think?
Beach episodes are great. I think that may be a large part of why I really enjoyed Harukana Receives, but I digress. This was a fun episode, but it lacked the big laughs. Honestly, the exploding panties are too much for most to compete with. We get to see a little more of Sohara… I mean her thoughts on Tomoki.
The gang tried beach volley ball and Nymph spiked the ball into Tomoki’s face because he was struggling to keep his focus on the game. We also got to see more of how Tomoki is a genuinely nice guy at heart, his big problem is when a different organ takes over…
What was your favourite moment?
It was actually in the end credits again. I love how this series uses a different song for each ending and has a unique set of animation. All of this episode Ikaros was carrying around a camera, and every now and then you’d see Tomoki pose for her to take a picture. Well, in the credits we get to see the pictures and every one of them features close-ups of other beach-goers and only the tiniest part of Tomoki. Really, I should have expected nothing less.
What was your least favourite moment?
It was sad to discover that Ikaros doesn’t sleep. She just sits there and waits for Tomoki to wake up, like a lonely puppy. So sad. Ikaros needs a hug, Tomoki. A hug. Is that too much to ask for? But all Tomoki can do is tell her off and berate her, but she just apologizes and keeps on waiting for him to wake. It’s not a stretch to imagine her smothering him with a pillow!
Who was your favourite character?
I really liked Sohara in this episode, and she’s grown on me more this time around. She’s the real love interest for Tomoki, and if he can just stop perving all the other girls for a second, he’d notice it too. With the little flashbacks to their childhood, I think they’re doing a good job of developing her character and making her quite likeable.
Who was your least favourite character?
It was pretty clear from the first moment that they didn’t want us to like Nymph. Being rude to Tomoki is fine, it’s almost expected, but to be so cold to everyone else for no reason was just not cool. Even when Tomoki stepped in to stop the group of delinquents from harassing her, she didn’t seem to be able to say thanks. It’s just basic manners.
Would you like some more?
In this episode, they raised a lot of questions. Most need answering, but some not so much. I mean how did Sugata eat all that curry? Other than that, the introduction of Nymph will cause a lot of problems for the group. Something that Sugata and Mikako seem all too aware of. I am really enjoying rewatching Heaven’s Lost Property, so if you’ve not seen it, maybe I can convince you to give it a go. Honestly, it’s not all exploding panties…
Other reviews in the series
- Episode 1 – A Full-frontal Hero Arises in the World!
- Episode 2 – An Airbourne Prismatic Panty Adventure
- Episode 3 – Angeloid Directive Zero
- Episode 4 – Love and Triangles, Revisited
- Episode 5 – Hot Night With the Big Fish
- Episode 6 – Swimsuit Surf Brigade, Go! Go! Go!
- Episode 7 – The Brainy, Heart-pounding Transfer Students
- Episode 8 – For Whom the Shooting Festival is Held
- Episode 9 – The Delusional Story That Began With a Lie
- Episode 10 – Where the Melodious Words Of an Angel Go
- Episode 11 – Off We Go To My Bathhouse Paradise
- Episode 12 – Chains of No Escape
- Episode 13 – Queen of the Sky
- Episode 14 – Project Pink
- Season One
- Episode 15 – Forte: You Strip, Too! The Return of the Full-frontal Hero
- Episode 16 – Forte: Bombshell! The Angel is a Big Boob
- Episode 17 – Forte: A Proud-fought Battle
- Episode 18 – Forte: Mortal Combat! Hot Spring Snowball Fight at 1.4° Below
- Episode 19 – Forte: The Brother Who Came From Heaven
- Episode 20– Forte: Reach a Decision! The Up and Down of Heaven and Hell
- Episode 21 – Forte: Eating Watermelon Tomoki
- Episode 22 – Forte: The Song of the Angels Echoes in the Sky
- Episode 23 – Forte: Shoot-out! Fishing At the Jumbo Carnival of Dreams
- Episode 24 – Forte: Peek Into the Fantasy Field
- Episode 25 – Forte: The Edge of an Indiscriminate Requiem
- Episode 26 – Forte: Forte Wings Soaring for Tomorrow
- Season Two
- Movie – Angeloid of Clockwork