Chaos is back and she’s stronger than ever. On top of that, she’s developed a curious understanding of love which will not go down well with the others.
What did you watch?
I’m getting really close to the end now. This was episode 25 of Heaven’s Lost Property and this was probably the final piece of action in regards to the more serious storyline. Not a great deal of humour, but it does move the story along and develop the characters some more.
A large storm is heading directly for Sorami. With Ikaros unwell and stuck at home, Sugata sends Astraea into the storm to see what’s going on. There she finds Chaos, grown and strengthened from her time at the bottom of the sea. She determined to show everyone how much she loves them, and by love I mean kill.
Tomoki dives into his own dream, or the Synapse where he receives some advice from Daedalus. Frustrated that the Angeloids are forced to fight once more, Tomoki takes a device and heads back to Earth. There Ikaros, Nymph, and Astraea make one last stand against Chaos, hoping that together they might be able to stop her.
What did you think?
This was a good episode in that it moved things along. Sure, the episodes with festivals and bathhouses are great, but it is nice to remember that there is a story going on here too. Chaos’ actions were very believable which made her that much more sinister. I mentioned it before, but her talking about love with that twinkle of murder in her eye is brilliantly creepy.
What was your favourite moment?
That was when Tomoki told Astraea and Nymph that he would become their masters if they survived. Somehow this gave Nymph the strength to repair her wings and gain full access to her electronic weapons. She hacked the area, making Astraea’s weapons stronger and giving Ikaros back her strength. Together they kicked Chaos’ butt, but then Tomoki knelt down beside her and stroked her hair. This guy is a constant surprise.
What was your least favourite moment?
Watching Ikaros slowly losing her memories of Tomoki and the time they’ve had together was sad. Even with Ikaros’ emotionless face, you could see the pain she was going through. All caused because her reactor misdiagnosed her feelings for Tomoki as a defect in her system. Nymph could only watch on unable to stop the auto-repair without her wings (this was, of course, prior to her getting them back.)
Who was your favourite character?
I’m going to buck the trend a little her and pick Chaos. Sure, she was a little one dimensional but she was also creepy as hell. It was incredibly effective and thanks to her being trapped alone at the bottom of the sea, she’d increased her power to unseen levels, making it near on impossible for the Angeloids to defeat her, especially since Ikaros sacrificed her giant mecha in their last battle.
Who was your least favourite character?
With so much going on, Sugata, Mikako, and Sohara had little to do in this episode. It’s a shame, but it also makes sense. This was really a battle between the Angeloids and Tomoki showing the rulers of the Synapse how to be a good master and friend. In a way, they could all be considered for this section, but I’m not going to pick anyone, because I don’t want to.
Would you like some more?
Only one more episode and then I can finally watch the movie. I’ve been waiting a long time for this moment, so I hope that I’m not disappointed. It’s definitely been a lot of fun re-watching this series. Anyhow, let’s get on with the last episode which is going to be a return to the absurd comedy that makes this such a great series.
Other reviews in the series
- Season One
- Episode 1 – A Full-frontal Hero Arises in the World!
- Episode 2 – An Airbourne Prismatic Panty Adventure
- Episode 3 – Angeloid Directive Zero
- Episode 4 – Love and Triangles, Revisited
- Episode 5 – Hot Night With the Big Fish
- Episode 6 – Swimsuit Surf Brigade, Go! Go! Go!
- Episode 7 – The Brainy, Heart-pounding Transfer Students
- Episode 8 – For Whom the Shooting Festival is Held
- Episode 9 – The Delusional Story That Began With a Lie
- Episode 10 – Where the Melodious Words Of an Angel Go
- Episode 11 – Off We Go To My Bathhouse Paradise
- Episode 12 – Chains of No Escape
- Episode 13 – Queen of the Sky
- Episode 14 – Project Pink
- Season Two
- Episode 15 – Forte: You Strip, Too! The Return of the Full-frontal Hero
- Episode 16 – Forte: Bombshell! The Angel is a Big Boob
- Episode 17 – Forte: A Proud-fought Battle
- Episode 18 – Forte: Mortal Combat! Hot Spring Snowball Fight at 1.4° Below
- Episode 19 – Forte: The Brother Who Came From Heaven
- Episode 20– Forte: Reach a Decision! The Up and Down of Heaven and Hell
- Episode 21 – Forte: Eating Watermelon Tomoki
- Episode 22 – Forte: The Song of the Angels Echoes in the Sky
- Episode 23 – Forte: Shoot-out! Fishing At the Jumbo Carnival of Dreams
- Episode 24 – Forte: Peek Into the Fantasy Field
- Episode 25 – Forte: The Edge of an Indiscriminate Requiem
- Episode 26 – Forte: Forte Wings Soaring for Tomorrow
- Movie – Angeloid of Clockwork