Apparently, it’s festival time again and Mikako is frustrated that everyone else is having all the fun. Well, not this year. Wait until you see what game she’s come up with this time!
What did you watch?
After the last couple of episodes, it’s good to get back to watching some absurdist comedy. Thank you, Heaven’s Lost Property episode 23. Once again, it’s a festival episode to the rescue and we can all thank Mikako for the latest crazy game.
Mikako is frustrated. There’s been mecha fights and feuds, love interests and whatnot, but she’s not got to have any fun. Well, that ends now. The next summer festival is upon them and this time Mikako is going to have some fun.
Somehow, she’s managed to tie up all of the girls and throw them into a giant pool. It’s up to the guys to fish them out. The winner is the one to make the breast catch! That’s right the bigger the bust the better. Needless to say, this is a game that Tomoki can get behind, although for some reason he decides to compete as Tomoko as if they will help him… er her!
What did you think?
This was another epic episode with just about the most ridiculous game yet. It was already funny but when they started comparing Sohara to Moby Dick and played out that scenario it was unreal. Such a funny episode, yet the actual game didn’t fill the whole thing. The second half of the show focused on Ikaros trying to find out what being engaged means.
What was your favourite moment?
With the game going strong and Mikako and Tomoko looking like the favourites, Tomoko resurfaces with Nymph. She yells at him, telling him to keep his perverted hands off of her. Tomoko looks at Nymph and then walks to the end of the deck and tosses her back. The commentator notes that it’s excellent fishing etiquette to through back the guppies… Hahaha! Poor Nymph.
What was your least favourite moment?
I enjoyed the scenes where Tomoki had given Nymph and Ikaros their first allowances. Watching Ikaros try to work out what to buy to please Tomoki was cute, funny, and not an epic fishing contest with boobs. Sorry, Ikaros, it just isn’t. But that’s just how least favourite works, you’ve got to be the best of the best to avoid it.
Who was your favourite character?
It was great to see Mikako cutting loose once more. She always delivers the funniest episodes with her evil scheming. I would quite happily watch a new festival episode every year. Do you think they’d do that? All I want is one new episode every year featuring Mikako’s latest insane game. That’s not too much to ask for, is it?
Who was your least favourite character?
I think Astraea was criminally underused in this episode. We barely saw her… well, that’s probably not the best way to put it. We definitely saw her, but we needed more. I was worried that Sohara was going to be ignored until the whole Moby Dick parody saved her. You know it’s a great series when the least favourite characters are those aren’t used enough or the villains.
Would you like some more?
Yes, please! The movie isn’t far away now and I’m getting really excited. When I first watched the series, I didn’t have access to the movie so never got around to watching it, but now that I do, I can’t believe I’ve waited so long. Anyhow, almost there now. Also, it looks like we’ve not seen the last of Chaos so that should keep the final three episodes interesting.
Other reviews in the series
- Season One
- Episode 1 – A Full-frontal Hero Arises in the World!
- Episode 2 – An Airbourne Prismatic Panty Adventure
- Episode 3 – Angeloid Directive Zero
- Episode 4 – Love and Triangles, Revisited
- Episode 5 – Hot Night With the Big Fish
- Episode 6 – Swimsuit Surf Brigade, Go! Go! Go!
- Episode 7 – The Brainy, Heart-pounding Transfer Students
- Episode 8 – For Whom the Shooting Festival is Held
- Episode 9 – The Delusional Story That Began With a Lie
- Episode 10 – Where the Melodious Words Of an Angel Go
- Episode 11 – Off We Go To My Bathhouse Paradise
- Episode 12 – Chains of No Escape
- Episode 13 – Queen of the Sky
- Episode 14 – Project Pink
- Season Two
- Episode 15 – Forte: You Strip, Too! The Return of the Full-frontal Hero
- Episode 16 – Forte: Bombshell! The Angel is a Big Boob
- Episode 17 – Forte: A Proud-fought Battle
- Episode 18 – Forte: Mortal Combat! Hot Spring Snowball Fight at 1.4° Below
- Episode 19 – Forte: The Brother Who Came From Heaven
- Episode 20– Forte: Reach a Decision! The Up and Down of Heaven and Hell
- Episode 21 – Forte: Eating Watermelon Tomoki
- Episode 22 – Forte: The Song of the Angels Echoes in the Sky
- Episode 23 – Forte: Shoot-out! Fishing At the Jumbo Carnival of Dreams
- Episode 24 – Forte: Peek Into the Fantasy Field
- Episode 25 – Forte: The Edge of an Indiscriminate Requiem
- Episode 26 – Forte: Forte Wings Soaring for Tomorrow
- Movie – Angeloid of Clockwork