Catching up on some tag posts and this seems like a great place to start. Thanks for the nomination Amelia, I do enjoy completing these posts and it’s always great to be thought of.
This is my third Real Neat Blog Award and that means I have another great set of questions to answer. So, thanks again, Amelia.
All right, rather than drag out the intro, let’s get on with it.
As with all good things there are some rules to follow:
- Display the award logo.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and post a link to their blog.
- Answer the questions of the one who nominated you.
- Nominate 7-10 bloggers
- Ask them seven questions
And now for the questions:
1. Considering it’s still the start of a new year, did you make any resolutions and have you been able to keep them?
I’m not really one for resolutions. If I think of something worth doing, I’ll get straight on it. That said I do seem to like to set myself challenges and they’re usually a year long.
This year I’ve decided to try to watch an anime starting with each letter of the alphabet – The A to Z Anime Challenge. At the moment, I am working through a series that begins with D.
As well, I have decided to do ten push-ups, sit-ups, or squats after every episode of anime I watch – Animercise. At the end of January, I had done four hundred of each, however, it was a little too easy, so I have since changed it so that I am doing ten of each after every episode. I’m aiming to get to ten-thousand of each by the end of the year…
2. What’s the most challenging thing for you when maintaining a blog or YouTube channel?
I think the hardest thing is working out a routine that doesn’t take up all of your time. As of October 31st, 2018 I have posted every single day. I hadn’t planned on doing it, but after completing a thirty-day challenge in November I had hit a streak and I didn’t want to see it end. Trying to keep up with this level of output is definitely impacting on my other work. I still haven’t quite got the balance right, but I am working on it.
3. Do you have any regrets regarding your work in 2018?
It wasn’t until the end of October that I started to interact with other bloggers. For far too long, I had just been writing my posts and hoping that someone would stumble upon them. This is not a good idea. Once I was following others and interacting on their posts, I started to see my numbers improve. It’s not about numbers, but they are a useful indicator of how you’re progressing.
4. If you could recommend me a show/book, what would it be and why?
Can I say, read my book? If you enjoy vampires and zombies and kick-ass heroines then it may be for you! However, if you’re looking for something more established, I would recommend The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. It’s one of my favourite books, in fact, I love all of the books in the series.
5. What do you do when you’re feeling unmotivated to do something?
I think that’s part of the reason I end up creating challenges for myself. It also helps that I’m pretty stubborn and am not prepared to be beaten by a challenge that I made myself. I know it seems a little crazy, but it works for me. You don’t have to go for huge challenges when I started writing fiction I was writing one-hundred words a day, but I kept challenging myself to beat my previous week’s word count. Now, I could easily write fifteen-thousand words in a week.
6. If you could just hop on a plane and fly to any country right now, what country would you go to and why?
I would shoot across the Pacific to New Zealand. I lived there for just over three years and loved it. The country is stunning and has several of my favourite beaches in the world. The number one place would be Piha beach. It has black sand, waves you can surf and stunning coastal rock formations. It’s also about forty degrees warmer than where I am right now.
7. What are you looking forward to the most for 2019?
I’ve been working on a post-apocalyptic trilogy with two other authors for over a year now and this is the year we plan on releasing it. It still has some editing to complete before it’s ready, but we’re all pretty excited about its potential. There are three story-lines that weave through the books, before all coming together in the third book in a thrilling climax.
Great questions, Amelia. You’ve got me looking through my old photos from New Zealand and dreaming of warm sunny beaches… Anyhow, I better nominate some other bloggers and come up with some questions of my own.
zerbat Getting up Early
- Scott at Mechanical Anime Reviews
- LofZOdyssey at LofZOdyssey – Anime Reviews
- Falcon at Geek Astronaut
- Winter at A Winter’s Reverie
I don’t mind if you don’t want to complete the tag or want to take several months to do it… it happens… but I just want to say thanks for the support and entertaining posts. Cheers
And now your questions:
You’re sat at work doing whatever it is you do and someone runs past you screaming. Reluctantly, you climb out of your chair and look in the direction they have just come from. The world is under attack!
- The attackers were in the last anime you watched. What are they?
- How do you plan on surviving?
- As you attempt to enact your plan, you bump into three other survivors. They are all anime characters from different anime. Who are they?
- Together you seek somewhere safe to hide. Where is that?
- When you get there, it has already been claimed by a group of high school students. What anime are they from?
- What happens next?
- And finally, what is
yourfavourite blog post that you’ve written that doesn’t have any likes?
Feel free to be as creative as you like or not? Hopefully, it’s vague enough that you can answer them in any number of ways.
Thanks for reading.
Other Tag Posts
- The Story of how I became a Really Neat Blogger!!!
- Tanka Anime Poetry (The T.A.P. Tag!)
- Doubly Lovely: One Lovely Blog Award
- Make it Anime!
- My Pirate Crew Blog Tag
- The Real Neat Blog Award (Goblin Edition)
- A Real Neat Threepeat!
- 3 Days 3 Quotes Tag (Day 1)
- 3 Days 3 Quotes Tag (Day 2)
- 3 Days 3 Quotes Tag (Day 3)
- My Adventurer Party
- Make it Harem Anime!!!!
- Achievement Unlocked Award
- Try not to stare… it’s the Sunshine Blogger Award 2019!
- Twice as Bright as the Sun… it’s the Return of the Sunshine Blogger Award 2019!