What anime did you think you wouldn’t like, but ended up loving?
I don’t go into any anime thinking I won’t like it. It’s best to keep an open mind. That’s something that really hit home when I watched 365 films in a year. I try to go in hoping to enjoy it. If I don’t, I don’t, but sometimes I’ll get to the end and jump online and search for a second season or the manga. That’s when I know it’s gone beyond my expectations. One show that I really enjoyed recently was Hundred.
Why is that?
So, Hundred is a fairly standard harem anime. There are these giant alien monsters attacking the world, but the humans have found something to fight back. To do that they have to bond with a Hundred, a kind of weapon that adapts to the users’ fighting style.
The story follows Hayato as he tries to become a Slayer, someone that’s bonded with a Hundred to fight the aliens. He’s off to a good start because he has the highest recorded compatibility rating. Arriving at the battleship base and training academy as somewhat of a celebrity, Hayato stumbles into unfortunate encounters, one after another.
He’s managed to make a rival in Clare Harvey, the highest-ranked Slayer and her assistants. I really enjoyed the relationships between the various character, particularly between Hayato and Emilia, who was posing as a guy to get close to him. There’s also a lot of very funny incidents that keep happening to Hayato and causing him all sorts of trouble with the girls.
I really hadn’t expected to enjoy this one as much as I did and found myself bonding with the characters and hoping for another season. Saying that I really need to hit manga and light novels.
Anything else you’d like to say?
This is the final post of the 30 Day Anime Challenge. I’ve had a lot of fun putting these together and hope you’ve enjoyed reading them. If I’ve inspired you to give it a go, let me know so I can follow along and compare our answers. Thanks for reading. Now, on to the next challenge!!!
Other Posts in the Challenge
- What was your very first anime?
- Who was your first anime crush?
- Do you prefer Subs or Dubs?
- What anime deserves more love?
- What is your guilty pleasure anime?
- What anime recommendation have you tried this year?
- Who or what was the most annoying anime character?
- What is your favourite anime so far?
- What anime series will you never watch?
- What anime destroyed you emotionally?
- Who is your favourite female anime character?
- Who is your favourite male anime character?
- Who is your favourite anime couple?
- What is your favourite anime opening or ending?
- What anime has the best soundtrack?
- What is the last anime you watched?
- What is an anime you want to watch but haven’t yet?
- What is the weirdest anime you enjoyed?
- What anime would make a great video game?
- What video game would make a great anime?
- Share your favourite anime quote!
- What anime has the saddest death scene?
- What anime do you wish never ended?
- What anime had a big emotional impact on you?
- What is your comfort anime?
- Who is your favourite anime villain?
- What anime character are you most like?
- What anime has the best fight scene?
- What anime scared the crap out of you?
- What anime did you think you wouldn’t like, but ended up loving?