What anime has the best fight scene?
There’s nothing quite like a good fight scene. I remember when DVDs first came out and rather than having to fast-forward a VHS to a certain point, I could just select the fight scene from the menu and then watch again. I’m not how many times I’ve watched the fights from Blade and the Matrix, but it’s a lot. With regards to anime, there is one fight that really stands out for me. That is from Street Fighter II and it’s the fight between Chun Li and Vega.
Why is that?
A good fight scene is almost like a dance. Both parties move to the rhythm of the action. There are rises and falls in the tempo. Everything needs to come together for a truly spectacular fight. This is something that I think happens in the Chun Li and Vega fight.
In true anime fashion, it starts with Chun Li in the shower. We get a glimpse of her apartment. There’s someone there, but we don’t see more than a shadow. The music is calm and soothing, but there’s still a sense of doom. Chun Li finishes in the shower and does her hair.
There’s a flicker of a reflection. The music explodes into life as Chun Li moves at the last second avoiding Vega’s claw attack. She does her best to get away but he’s fast. They bounce around the room, fighting in the rafters, on the ground. Chun Li throws a couch at Vega. All the while Guile is trying to race to her aid.
It looks like Vega is going to win. Chun Li is struggling, but then when he gets cocky, she manages to catch him off guard and turns the battle in her favour. It ends with Chun Li kicking him throw a wall and falling into Guile’s arms as he finally manages to get there. She won, but it was far from easy.
Anything else you’d like to say?
The overall story in the Street Fighter II movie is terrible. It really is a stinker, but the fights and animation are excellent. If you’re interested in good fights, it’s worth checking out for that alone. Just get ready for the moment you see Chun Li in the shower because the best part has already begun. What a fight?
Other Posts in the Challenge
- What was your very first anime?
- Who was your first anime crush?
- Do you prefer Subs or Dubs?
- What anime deserves more love?
- What is your guilty pleasure anime?
- What anime recommendation have you tried this year?
- Who or what was the most annoying anime character?
- What is your favourite anime so far?
- What anime series will you never watch?
- What anime destroyed you emotionally?
- Who is your favourite female anime character?
- Who is your favourite male anime character?
- Who is your favourite anime couple?
- What is your favourite anime opening or ending?
- What anime has the best soundtrack?
- What is the last anime you watched?
- What is an anime you want to watch but haven’t yet?
- What is the weirdest anime you enjoyed?
- What anime would make a great video game?
- What video game would make a great anime?
- Share your favourite anime quote!
- What anime has the saddest death scene?
- What anime do you wish never ended?
- What anime had a big emotional impact on you?
- What is your comfort anime?
- Who is your favourite anime villain?
- What anime character are you most like?
- What anime has the best fight scene?
- What anime scared the crap out of you?
- What anime did you think you wouldn’t like, but ended up loving?