What is your comfort anime?
Ha, another one I’ve already answered. Maybe I’m too predictable? Interestingly, with the exception of the classics that I have been rewatching as a part of the Otaku on Writing podcast, I have only watched new shows in the last two years. Not a single repeat… I’m guessing by comfort it’s something that I can watch whenever to cheer myself up. If that’s the case then it is the good old harem anime.
Why is that?
I really enjoy the more serious anime, the dark anime, and the more serene anime, but when I just want to sit back and relax, I know I can’t go wrong with a harem anime. Generally, you know what you’re getting. It’s going to be fun and easy viewing with some laughs, raunchy hijinks, and characters getting alarming severe nosebleeds.
Sure, sometimes they aren’t that good, but it’s also like watching crappy horror movies. Even the bad ones can be good, sometimes they’re better for it. So sit back, grab a drink, and turn off your brain because it’s time to have some fun.
Oh, and I would be remiss for not mentioning all the good looking ladies and the absurd costumes they seem to find themselves in. It all comes back to growing up in Europe where sex isn’t a taboo and is often a focus of comedy. If I said ‘Ooo, Matron!’ and you know what I’m talking about then you probably understand.
Anything else you’d like to say?
They make me happy and that’s all that really counts. Does anyone have any good recommendations for harem anime? I’m always on the lookout for more. At some point, I will go back and rewatch some of my favourites and I’m already planning on rewatching Highschool of the Dead in December.
Other Posts in the Challenge
- What was your very first anime?
- Who was your first anime crush?
- Do you prefer Subs or Dubs?
- What anime deserves more love?
- What is your guilty pleasure anime?
- What anime recommendation have you tried this year?
- Who or what was the most annoying anime character?
- What is your favourite anime so far?
- What anime series will you never watch?
- What anime destroyed you emotionally?
- Who is your favourite female anime character?
- Who is your favourite male anime character?
- Who is your favourite anime couple?
- What is your favourite anime opening or ending?
- What anime has the best soundtrack?
- What is the last anime you watched?
- What is an anime you want to watch but haven’t yet?
- What is the weirdest anime you enjoyed?
- What anime would make a great video game?
- What video game would make a great anime?
- Share your favourite anime quote!
- What anime has the saddest death scene?
- What anime do you wish never ended?
- What anime had a big emotional impact on you?
- What is your comfort anime?
- Who is your favourite anime villain?
- What anime character are you most like?
- What anime has the best fight scene?
- What anime scared the crap out of you?
- What anime did you think you wouldn’t like, but ended up loving?