What anime do you wish never ended?
This seems like such an obvious answer, especially if you’ve been following my 30 Day Anime Challenge. One thing I think you should know before I get into things. I love endings. They are probably one of my favourite parts of the story. That moment when everything comes together and all the foreshadowing becomes plain to see is beautiful. So, the anime I wish never ended is Highschool of the Dead.
Why is that?
As I said, I love endings. I also hate it when things are extended beyond what was obviously the intended ending. In Highschool of the Dead, there is no end. There were seven complete volumes of the manga and then one chapter that was only ever released as a digital copy. That was the very first thing I bought when I moved to Canada, as it was unavailable in New Zealand.
The anime only covers the first four books and then there’s the bonus episode – Drifters of the Dead. But for whatever reason, the studio decided that there wasn’t enough content in the three books to fill a second season. Then, sadly the author Daisuke Sato died. Obviously, this meant no more manga either.
In the short time I spent with these characters, I had become really invested in them and their stories. Sure, it’s not the most compelling or elegant story, but I loved it and I need to know how it ends. That is why I desperately want more, but sadly, I will have to come to terms with the fact that there will not be anymore.
Anything else you’d like to say?
At some point in the near future, I will write a zombie series about a group of university students surviving the zombie apocalypse. If you know me at all, you will know that I love zombie stories. After all, I have a series of novellas out now that has a vampire hunter caught in the middle of a war between vampires and zombies. They say if the story you want to read doesn’t exist then you should write it.
Other Posts in the Challenge
- What was your very first anime?
- Who was your first anime crush?
- Do you prefer Subs or Dubs?
- What anime deserves more love?
- What is your guilty pleasure anime?
- What anime recommendation have you tried this year?
- Who or what was the most annoying anime character?
- What is your favourite anime so far?
- What anime series will you never watch?
- What anime destroyed you emotionally?
- Who is your favourite female anime character?
- Who is your favourite male anime character?
- Who is your favourite anime couple?
- What is your favourite anime opening or ending?
- What anime has the best soundtrack?
- What is the last anime you watched?
- What is an anime you want to watch but haven’t yet?
- What is the weirdest anime you enjoyed?
- What anime would make a great video game?
- What video game would make a great anime?
- Share your favourite anime quote!
- What anime has the saddest death scene?
- What anime do you wish never ended?
- What anime had a big emotional impact on you?
- What is your comfort anime?
- Who is your favourite anime villain?
- What anime character are you most like?
- What anime has the best fight scene?
- What anime scared the crap out of you?
- What anime did you think you wouldn’t like, but ended up loving?