What is the weirdest anime you enjoyed?
How to define weird in anime? Hmm!!! That is a tough one. I have a couple of more unusual anime that I recently watched and really enjoyed. Both could be considered weird for different reasons. They are Island and Chio’s School Road.
Why is that?
Firstly, with Island, I had absolutely no idea what the anime was about. That’s not entirely unusual as I often like to surprise myself. It is unusual, however, to still have no idea what it’s about six episodes in. Even then, I still loved it and found it utterly compelling. It was completely worth it because the ending was incredible. Loved it.
Now to Chio’s School Road. I didn’t have much to go with this anime either other than it was Chio making her way to school. Interestingly, that is pretty much all it is, however, Chio has some crazy adventures and bizarre meetings as she does so. This is hilarious. Each episode contained two or three mini-episodes which really kept the pace going. It was hilarious.
Anything else you’d like to say?
Absolutely. Why limit yourself to the same type of anime. Mix it up. Every now and then, pick something at random. You’ll be surprised at what you may enjoy. I once watched 365 films in a year and picked loads at random.
There were so many that I hadn’t expected to enjoy that I now rank as some of my favourites, which is why I’ve decided to do an A to Z challenge in 2019. I will watch an anime that I haven’t seen before starting with every letter in the alphabet. My aim will be one a fortnight, but we’ll see how we go.
Other Posts in the Challenge
- What was your very first anime?
- Who was your first anime crush?
- Do you prefer Subs or Dubs?
- What anime deserves more love?
- What is your guilty pleasure anime?
- What anime recommendation have you tried this year?
- Who or what was the most annoying anime character?
- What is your favourite anime so far?
- What anime series will you never watch?
- What anime destroyed you emotionally?
- Who is your favourite female anime character?
- Who is your favourite male anime character?
- Who is your favourite anime couple?
- What is your favourite anime opening or ending?
- What anime has the best soundtrack?
- What is the last anime you watched?
- What is an anime you want to watch but haven’t yet?
- What is the weirdest anime you enjoyed?
- What anime would make a great video game?
- What video game would make a great anime?
- Share your favourite anime quote!
- What anime has the saddest death scene?
- What anime do you wish never ended?
- What anime had a big emotional impact on you?
- What is your comfort anime?
- Who is your favourite anime villain?
- What anime character are you most like?
- What anime has the best fight scene?
- What anime scared the crap out of you?
- What anime did you think you wouldn’t like, but ended up loving?